The Proper Hair Washing Guide
- Brush your hair thoroughly before washing.
- Select the shampoo for the scalp, not the hair.
● oily scalp - strongly cleansing shampoo
● sensitive, dry scalp - mild cleansing shampoo
- While washing your hair, massage the product gently into your scalp - there is no need to massage the product into the entire hair, this may get them tangled (remember that wet hair is much more susceptible to damage). The free- flowing foam is enough to cleanse the rest of the hair thoroughly and to remove the left over impurities.
- The cup method - this is a discovery made by hair maniacs! It is based on pouring a small amount of shampoo into a special cup and diluting it with water. Once you prepare this mixture, use a foaming device to create foam. Spread the foam onto your scalp and wash it gently and thoroughly.
The cup method has a lot of advantages:
● both scalp and hair are cleansed with foam only, not with a concentrated solution, this way the shampoo is much gentler on the skin
● it allows the product to be spread more precisely over the hair
● consequently, it allows for a very efficient and economic use of the product
- Rinse the shampoo thoroughly with lukewarm water. This is very important as warm water damages the hair and makes the hair more permeable.
- Finally, drain your hair (preferably with a towel) and apply a conditioner that best suits the needs of your hair.